This March all of the boys earned passes to Seven Peaks Water Park by reading a certain amount of minutes that month and turning in a reading calendar. Last year, we went to Seven Peaks for Pierce and Garrett's birthday. We were considering doing this again but Paul said he wanted to do it for his birthday. So, we went up on Paul's birthday despite the weather forecast of highs in the low 60's. I don't think the temperature went above 62 the whole time we were there. The nice thing about when we went was that there were NO lines. You could walk up to a waterslide whenever you wanted and go as soon as you got there. My favorite slide is Cave In so I mostly went on that one. Paul was brave enough to go on Free Fall (for those of you that are familiar with Seven Peaks, that's the tall orange one that practically goes straight down). He made a huge splash at the top. I think James' favorite slide was Boomerang, which he was brave enough to go on with Paul. Personally, I don't like that one. I went on it with Paul when I was about nine years old. I was in the front and I absolutely hated the whole thing. I couldn't breathe and I felt really sick. Since then, I haven't gone on it but my brothers still like it. Another thing about this trip is that Pierce and Garrett were finally tall enough to ride the waterslides. I took them to most of the waterslides. They also liked Cave In, although at first they were scared to ride it because it tries to scare you at the entrance. Once Garrett finally got the nerve to try it, he had a blast. The only bad thing about the rides is that you usually got somewhat splashed at the end and then as soon as you got out of the water the cold air and wind made you feel cold. We would often go on rides and then go dry on towels before going on other rides. Still, it was a fun day at Seven Peaks. Here are some pictures of the day. 


h

The birthday boy as we leave for Seven Peaks.

Anna!
No comments:
Post a Comment